Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Wow!
So the semester is coming to a close and I've been doing some reflection on how I've grown since August 3. It's an overwhelming feeling to know how far we all have come. In the beginning I was so shocked by how much information was involved with dental hygiene and this class. I am very pleased to say that I am feeling more and more competent AND confident each day, whether in clinic or class. I know that seeing patients has also really helped to tie up any loose ends and allow me to achieve a greater sense of confidence. Over a month ago now was our white coat ceremony. When they referred to us as dental professionals, I paused and was kind of unsure of if I felt like one. However, the other day in clinic I actually felt like I was. For example, during our AEGD dental exam, I was able to clearly communicate with and understand our resident and my findings compared with his. It was so great to know that I can and am actually doing this! It's just kind of an unbelievable thing for you to finally be where it is you wish to be in life. It's definitely bittersweet to see our 1st semester end. It is just an example of how fast this next year and a half is going to fly by. Becoming aware of this has made me realize that I need to remember to tap the brakes throughout this program to take in all that I can of this amazing journey that I'm on. I've seen how stressed that I have gotten at times throughout this semester and I now know that all will work out and it's just part of the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment