I passed my quadrant scaling competency this week! I was very nervous to attempt this competency. I knew that if I did not pass on this attempt it would be hard to find another qualifying patient. Not only was the patient great for attempting this competency on but the patient himself was great. I really enjoyed our patient-clinician interaction. This patient made it very comfortable for me. It is great to have a patient who is totally aware that they are at a teaching facility. He was very kind and considerate of what I was trying to complete. I have had a few experiences where a patient is reluctant to come back to clinic to finish the planned treatment. It is stressful for me when they verbalize this feeling to me. Even these patients are not as pleasant to work with, it motivates me to be thorough but at a quicker pace. Sometimes I get caught up in conversation with my pleasant patients or just become so comfortable that I lose track of time.
I’m glad that I have passed eight competencies but I’m fearful that I may not pass the remaining two for DENH 327. I feel that I have done well this semester in clinic, however I am very eager to gain more experience...and pass all of my competencies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment